To survive, Philippine conservation not only needs funding. It also needs people who are mindful of our connections to the environment. We not only try to attract those already part of the cause, but we also educate and elucidate those who have yet to see the connections that give us life on this planet. We do so through various events and exhibits throughout the year.
Haribon Ambassadors for Conservation: Two popular stars, Barbie Forteza & Enzo Pineda, joined conservation in 2015. Together they further disseminate the importance of the environment to their fans and the wider mainstream audience.
Earth Day celebration: The annual Earth day event is not just a celebration for our Mother Earth, but it has become a venue to educate the people on how to care for our environment, and get them involved in actions to nature conservation.
Biodiversity Rocks! concert: Haribon celebrated its 41st year in 2014 with a fundraising concert with the talented performances of the Itchyworms, Ebe Dancel, Rita de Guzman, Jeffery Hidalgo, & Tonight We Sleep, hosted by Mr. John Lesaca, and RX 93.1’s Dr. Love Tom Alvarez. Also present were Iza Calzado, and Internet sensation Bogart the Explorer.
The event proved to be another example of the ongoing efforts in the country aimed at restoring Philippine forests.
Exhibits on the country’s most interesting plants and animals, the Philippines’ most beautiful nature spots, the threats to these natural wonders, native trees, ROAD to 2020, and what ordinary people can do to protect and conserve our natural heritage mounted at:
- 2015 Biodiversity Exhibit booth and presentation posters (photo album on Flickr)
- Volunteering Expo organized by VSO Bahaginan at Gateway Suites, Cubao, Quezon City
- Science Week, La Salle Zobel, Ayala, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
- Earth Day exhibit at the Cultural Center of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines Circle of Landscape Architecture Students (UPCLAS) anniversary exhibit
- University of Santo Tomas AB NGO Fair