Love fruit? Save your seeds and support the propagation of fruit trees! Donate your seeds of fruit and crop trees to the Haribon Foundation instead of throwing them in the trash.
Seeds of the following fruit and crop trees are accepted:
The seeds will be grown at the Haribon Foundation’s Buhay Punlaan Nursery to support and promote the propagation of fruit trees.
Here are 5 simple steps you’ll need to do to collect and store the seed after you eat the fruit.
- Wash and clean the seeds with water.
- Scrape or rub seeds with hands to separate thoroughly from their pulpy flesh.
- Air dry the seeds. Do not sun dry.
- Store the seeds in a labeled container (e.g name of seed) with lids e.g tin cans, metal boxes, glass jars, or plastic bags. Donate them within 2 weeks to increase their survival rates.
- Donate your seeds by bringing them to the Haribon Foundation office or to the Buhay Punlaan native tree nursery. Haribon Affiliates and Partners can request pick-up. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 421-1209 and indicate when you will be dropping off your seed donation or date and time of pick-up.
Points to remember when using sealed containers:
- Never seal in moist seed.
- Use airtight containers.
- Make sure that the container is clean.
- Open the container for one-half hour each day to permit air to enter.
Q: How can I send you my seeds?
A: At the moment we only accept in-person drop off of seeds at our headquarters in Quezon City or Buhay Punlaan nursery in Caliraya, Laguna. Haribon Affiliates and Partners can request seed pick-up. Email email@example.com or call 421-1209 and indicate when you will be dropping off your seed donation or date and time of pick-up.
Q: What fruits do you accept?
A: We accept = Atis, Avocado, Cacao, Caimito, Guava, Durian, Guyabano, Kalamansi, Kape, Langka, Lansones, Mangosteen, Mangga, Pomelo, Rambutan, and Santol.