Be a wildlife citizen scientist by joining a two (2) week expedition to explore the forests of the Central Sierra Madre Mountain Range, home of Gab-e, our Haring Ibon in Mt. Mingan.
Food, transportation, and tent accommodation will be covered! By volunteering in this wildlife expedition, you will experience the following:
- Learn how to do wildlife surveys,
- Be trained on field survey techniques and bird identification,
- Explore the natural wonders of the mountains of Nueva Ecija, and most importantly,
- Contribute to data for this wildlife research.
- February 20 to March 3, 2017 (2 weeks)
- Search for Haring Ibon and survey for other species in the area.
- Cost: FREE for Haribon Members. P900 for non-members (includes 1 year Haribon Membership).
Screening will be done to ensure qualified and fit volunteers. To join, please secure and submit the following:
- Medical certificate from a doctor that you are fit to do mountaineering activities.
- Accident and travel insurance for the period of field work.
- Signed Safety and Liability Agreement and Duly filled volunteer information sheet (click here for download)
Recommended, but not required:
- At least 40 hours mountaineering experience.
- Experience in the use of field survey equipment (i.e. binoculars, field scopes, gps, maps, rock/tree climbing gear).
- Nature photography skills.
REGISTER OR INQUIRE TODAY: EMAIL MEMBERSHIP@HARIBON.ORG.PH